Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wild at Heart!

Boys will be boys!
My husband has read and really enjoyed the book Wild at Heart by John Eldredge. I have also read the book in hopes of better understanding my husband. The basic concept of the book is: God designed men to be dangerous. Simply look at the dreams and desires written in the heart of every boy: To be a hero, to be a warrior, to live a life of adventure and risk. In the book, Eldredge encourages men to be what God designed them to be - dangerous, passionate, alive, and free.

Now I have to tell you, this makes for one fearful wife and mom some days! I love my boys and I don't know what I would do without them. I do know that shared adventure is something that my husband needs, so I often try to do those things that he would like to do.

On Father's Day we spent time at a pool with my dad.  There was a very large water slide that he wanted to take Kai down.  My answer was a resounding NO!  Look at the pictures and I think you will understand.  Kai is 14 months old… he canNOT swim… he does NOT need to go down that slide that is shooting people out of it no matter how much he loves the water!

After playing in the water a while I went to lay out… BIG mistake!  My step-sister said look… Kai is going up the slide!  They were too far away to yell… so I grabbed my camera and ran to the end of the pool… what else could I do other than take pictures?!  Of course Anthony had okayed the ride down the slide with Pop-Paw and was standing at the end to "catch" him.  Kai laughed on the way down the slide and came out happy as could be!  
This water slide "incident" just reminded me how important it is to let the wonderful men in my life mentor Kai and lead him. I know they love him and would not put him in harm any more than I would. It is so awesome to have a dad and husband that love Kai and are already training him to be Wild at Heart!   My desire for Kai is to lead a full and passionate life and for him to be all that God called him to be… not just what I want him to be.  Now, I know some people may be thinking what does God have to do with a water slide… but I think this was just an opening of my eyes to a bigger picture!

 My Dad, Kai, & Anthony on Father's Day!
Three of my favorite guys!  
Had there been one more there… it would have been perfect.  I look at this picture and can't help but think my brother should be standing there celebrating with us.  He should be making these memories with us.  I know that Christopher is in Heaven waiting on us and celebrating as well, but I sure do miss him in times like these!

Have a great day!
<3 Christina